Dirt spitting out of filter And covering pool floor

Jul 26, 2020
Michigan
We are first time pool owners and have an above ground pool with a sand filter. After vacuuming the pool we typically backwash. The past week once we turn the filter back on, after doing all of that, it spits dirt all over the pool floor and it looks like we never even vacuumed it. Can anyone help with what we need to do or what we are doing wrong? We are new to this all and feeling pretty discouraged. Not to mention tired of vacuuming everyday!!

Are you doing the RINSE cycle after the backwash? If so, maybe not long enough? If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might post a full set of water test results for us to review just to ensure there's not a chemistry issue. Don't forget to update your signature too please. See mine as an example.

Are you doing the RINSE cycle after the backwash? If so, maybe not long enough? If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might post a full set of water test results for us to review just to ensure there's not a chemistry issue. Don't forget to update your signature too please. See mine as an example.
Did rinse but maybe not long enough... how long do you typically rinse for? I will update signature... thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.