Dirt in pool

jcaj558

Oct 4, 2017
New Lenox, IL
I opened my pool 4 days ago. I have vacuumed it 3 times. The next morning there is always dirt on the bottom. Not as much as I took out the day before but I feel like it is too much. Is this a filter problem? I have a Pentair fns36 De filter.

I opened my pool 4 days ago. I have vacuumed it 3 times. The next morning there is always dirt on the bottom. Not as much as I took out the day before but I feel like it is too much. Is this a filter problem? I have a Pentair fns36 De filter.
Could be. When was the last time the filter was torn down and completely cleaned?
Or it could just be dirt that gets into suspension while vacuuming and re-settles. Or dirt that falls in overnight since dirt falls in 24/7/365.

It was completely cleaned when I opened it four days ago
While vacuuming, watch the return nearest the equipment. Do you see a light cloud of dirt (most likely brown), coming back to the pool? Then the filter is passing dirt and you need to find out why. Many times, on that filter, it is the air-relief screen that is broken or missing. You may need someone to watch while another is vacuuming.

While vacuuming, watch the return nearest the equipment. Do you see a light cloud of dirt (most likely brown), coming back to the pool? Then the filter is passing dirt and you need to find out why. Many times, on that filter, it is the air-relief screen that is broken or missing. You may need someone to watch while another is vacuuming.
The air relief screen is there.