Midlothian, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a Pentair skimmer door that gets jammed as one of the screws holding the bracket has broken off. I took a peek and both screws holding the bracket, which in turn holds the skimmer door are totally rusted. I tried using a stubby screwdriver to take out the one left in place but it's really in there. Seems the screw head is simply broken off the other with the rest of the screw still there - all rusty.

Attachments

• Weir-Skimmer.png
    Weir-Skimmer.png
    69 KB · Views: 6
My weir was missing. Didn't see any mounting points. If you measure the size you can find a replacement on Amazon. The one I got had spring tension rubber nubs on either side to hold it in place.

No worry about screws then.

borjis,
My Pentair skimmer has mounting to the bracket as shown in the diagram. Are you saying there are aftermarket weirs with spring load tension mounts on the sides? If so, can you provide a link (for your size door.) My door is 8 7/16" wide and 5 1/4" tall.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.