Different Water Temperature Readings on Jandy Aquapure Control Center vs PDA

wuthrirc

May 16, 2019
Wichita Falls, TX
When I check the water temperature on my Aqualink Control Center by quickly pressing the Pool Temp Boost button, it shows 85 degrees which I believe is correct. However, when I power on the AquaLink PDA, it shows the water temp is 120 degrees. This difference in readings started about 1 week ago. Is there only 1 water temperature sensor? If so, why the 2 different readings? I am concerned that this will affect Freeze Protect mode this winter. Ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Attachments

• PoolWaterTempControlCenter.JPG
    PoolWaterTempControlCenter.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PoolWaterTempPDA.jpg
    PoolWaterTempPDA.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 11
Your panel uses the tri-sensor in the saltwater chlorine generator. The PDA uses the pool's temperature sensor. So yes, they are reading two different temps. I would say your pool temp sensor has gone bad.

Reactions: JamesW
Sorry - Air temperature sensor. You have 3 temp sensors. Air, pool water, and SWG pool water.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try (carefully) blowing a hair-dryer on the air temp sensor and see which temperature reading increases on your PDA. It is usually located underneath your Aqualink cabinet.

The arrow points to the water temperature sensor.

Also, it looks like your filter might have a crack.

View attachment 352804
Haha! That picture was after Snowmageddon. We had to replace the filter and pump body! We have never winterized before. Guess we will this year. Thanks for identifying the water temperature sensor that will also have to be replaced. :(

Reactions: JamesW
Haha! That picture was after Snowmageddon. We had to replace the filter and pump body! We have never winterized before. Guess we will this year. Thanks for identifying the water temperature sensor that will also have to be replaced. :(

Did you try a hairdryer?

Yes. The air temp went up. So it looks like it is good, but the water temp sensor is bad. Thanks
On your PDA there may be a selection on the settings to calibrate your water sensor. You may want to try that if it is on your model of PDA.

Problem solved. It was a bad water temperature sensor. Ordered one off Amazon and got it replaced today...with the help of the hubby. I couldn't get one of the screws on the power panel off :rolleyes:. Thanks for all the help!! It's so great to have this resource available. I feel so empowered when I (we) can do the work instead of calling a pool service.

Attachments

• new water temp sensor.jpg
    new water temp sensor.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: JamesW and HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.