Different Test Kit Results

RexO

May 24, 2020
Melbourne, FL
Before I fould TFP, I used the basic Poomaster test kit provided by my pool builder and double checked with a pool store periodically. I have a Taylor 2006C now, but my warranty requires a monthy pool store report, so I still go to my pool store at least once a month. They use Taylor Kits and fortunately they don't push bad advice and products on me. I notice That my 2006C pH readings are usually about .2 higher than their readings. I started double checking with my Poolmaster kit and it reads about .2 less than my 2006C kit as well. I think the 2006C colors are harder to differentiate than the Poolmaster colors. But, I don't think the color read is making the difference. I typically go with the 2006C reading because I expect it to be more accurate. Not sure if there is a real question here, but any advice? Maybe I should buy a new bottle of pH indicator for the 2006C and see if there is a difference.

Be interesting to see what an expert says, but with such a large PH range of acceptable, i wouldn’t worry about it. Even if PH tests at the top or bottom of the range, I doubt if anyone will be able to feel .2 difference.

Reactions: RexO
Be interesting to see what an expert says, but with such a large PH range of acceptable, i wouldn’t worry about it. Even if PH tests at the top or bottom of the range, I doubt if anyone will be able to feel .2 difference.
Yeah, probably not a big deal for comfort. I have a new (4 months) pool with a SWCG and the pH climbs from 7.6 - 8.0 in 1-2 days. With the TFP targets I always stay within CSI range, but I don't really want to treat down to 7.4 and be low on the saturation index. That is my main reason for asking. But probably not a big deal either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.