Differences between Doughboy models? Resin or Steel?

I need to replace my current pool, which is 10 years old and starting to fall apart (one wall leaning a bit out, and a hole at the bottom under the skimmer where it rusted through and I can touch the liner from the outside).

I've decided to go with a Doughboy pool since I have a deep end, and don't want to go through the makeshift process of cutting straps and tying them to cinderblocks etc again, and hopefully get a pool that will last longer than 10 years. So I know the size I will get, the same as I currently have, 18x38x52. The only question is, which model? Is there any significant difference between getting a resin frame or steel frame?

So far, I have quotes on the Palm Shore, Pearl River, Desert Spring, Silver Lake, and Copper Canyon. Any opinions on a pros/cons of any particular models, or on steel/resin overall?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's give your post a bump and see if any fresh eyes can give you some guidance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.