la vista, ne
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Decided to open earlier this year in hopes of avoiding algae. Pool company will be coming out tomorrow so I removed the cover and unfortunately found a green pool. Tested and found no FC. Figured I would add a bit of bleach to get started. CYA is at 30 and I added 2.5 gal of 12.5% bleach. Forgot since my pool is partially drained, I’m under the usual 22k gal. Tested the FC and I am at 20. After adding the bleach I brushed the pool 2x and also stirred the water around multiple times. Now I am afraid that in adding the bleach I could potentially have done something that may damage my liner. Is there a chance of this or have I likely circulated the water enough to prevent this from happening since the equipment is not running yet.

Sitting back kicking myself,
Jen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 15
Have you tested the FC after brushing the pool? I suspect it is much lower.

I doubt you did any damage as you brushed the chlorine in well.

yes, I tested when I realized I had forgotten to account for a portion of the pool drained from the normal 22K gallons. The reading was 20. Just got done brushing some more. Trying to keep it circulating. At the very least, I’ll have some pretty arms as a result.

2.5 gallons of 12.5% LC in 21k pool will raise FC from 0 to 15.. SLAM for CYA at 30 is 12 FC.. With Algae in the water you FC is killing Algae fast and dropping the FC fast.. I bet it is below 12 by now and your liner will be just fine.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.