Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I usually remove my SWCG late fall when the water temp drops below its operating limits. This year, I was lazy. I just left it in and chlorinated the pool manually. Now that the weather is about to start turning for us soon, I have begun to think about it. Should I have removed it? We don't usually get cold enough to risk bursting any pipes.

I usually remove my SWCG late fall when the water temp drops below its operating limits. This year, I was lazy. I just left it in and chlorinated the pool manually. Now that the weather is about to start turning for us soon, I have begun to think about it. Should I have removed it? We don't usually get cold enough to risk bursting any pipes.
No.

My IC cell has stayed outside in NJ winters for many years.

Reactions: Shirker
Right there's no problem. But before powering up, it's worth a check and manual cleaning (not acid!) to see what grunge may have gotten through the filter all winter. I often find small seeds and such stuck between the plates.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.