Diatomaceous Earth

Jun 20, 2013
Harrison Arkansas
I have just started opening our pool by balancing the Ph. Last year when I opened the pool I used HTH Green to Blue, which worked perfect. This time however I have no way to vacuum and discharge the water at the same time due to the fact I have a Hayward Diatomaceous Earth filter. So my question should I go ahead and used the HTH Green to Blue and vacuum the green ball that is formed by HTH into the Diatomaceous Earth filter or just allow the filter clean up the algae?

I have just started opening our pool by balancing the Ph. Last year when I opened the pool I used HTH Green to Blue, which worked perfect. This time however I have no way to vacuum and discharge the water at the same time due to the fact I have a Hayward Diatomaceous Earth filter. So my question should I go ahead and used the HTH Green to Blue and vacuum the green ball that is formed by HTH into the Diatomaceous Earth filter or just allow the filter clean up the algae?
I would not recommend the use of the 'Green to Blue', especially with a DE filter. It will clog that filter up as fast as you can put it in as (if I recall correctly) the Green to Blue contains a floc, something we do not recommend using. Flocculants need to be vacuumed to waste.

Also, filters do not 'clean up the algae', chlorine does. You should SLAM the pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.