Diamond Star pool?????????

Jul 13, 2008
Hi! My name is Danielle and this is my first time posting on this site.

We are looking to buy an above ground pool, and I like this Diamond Star pool 18x33 inch oval. Here is the link: http://www.sunenterprises.com/platinumpools.htm Does this pool sound good? Does anyone know who manufactures this pool?

I am completely clueless about pools and over whelmed by resin, guage, mil, extruded aluminum, uprights, top caps, coving. This is all just foreign to me. I could really use some unbiased advice.

If it is a good pool, who do I buy from I found it at these three stores:
Nationwide Pools, Absolute tan, and Sun enterprises. What company is the best?

Third what about the equipment package. Should I just try and buy the pool without equipment and buy myself. Or should I try to get them to upgrade the filter?

Thanks for any help, Danielle

I have an older Esther Williams and it is built very well. I think you can tell the cheaply made pools by looking at them and feeling the thickness of the metal. Ours is 18x33, the size is great and I think these bigger ones have to be made better to hold the water. You'll probably get the best price if you do a package deal and seeing it's August the deals should be pretty good.

It looks nice....someone else on here had that aquarium liner, saw the pics a month or so ago....not sure if it's the same pool?

30-x-54-ag-pool-installed-at-last-t7997.html?hilit=that%20liner

The warranty looks good..... have them throw in a good solar cover. Don't pay extra for the inline chlorinator if that's part of the quoted package, if it's free take it for vacation use, etc.

I have a Johnny Weismueller, sorry can't advise about your brand...

frustratedpoolmom said:
It looks nice....someone else on here had that aquarium liner, saw the pics a month or so ago....not sure if it's the same pool?

The warranty looks good..... have them throw in a good solar cover. Don't pay extra for the inline chlorinator if that's part of the quoted package, if it's free take it for vacation use, etc.

Mom...the liner is mine...not a picture...but mine...about a month ago would have been the 4th of July...where were you!!! I was surprised...the pool is not the same...similar but the line is an aqualiner liner...I love the deep blue color...

My water is all sparkley!!!

beave!

cubbybeave08 said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

Mom...the liner is mine...not a picture...but mine...about a month ago would have been the 4th of July...where were you!!! I was surprised...the pool is not the same...similar but the line is an aqualiner liner...I love the deep blue color...

My water is all sparkley!!!

beave!

make that aqua leader not liner ooops :hammer:

frustratedpoolmom said:

Taken it back ...the liner is not the same...I was looking at the liner in the original picture that is my liner...

Hi Bernear, and welcome to TFP!

I bought the Diamond Star 12'x24'x54" AG pool package last year from Sun Enterprises and I'm very happy.
The most definitive thread I've ever read about pool selection is Doughboy or Esther Williams???? (on poolforum).

Reasons I like and bought the Diamond Star include:
* 54" high wall is uncommon but desirable for 48" pool water depth. (It also comes right up to my existing deck :-D.)
* Competitive price for high-middle quality pool
* Good service from rep. (Make sure you ask questions of rep and call twice to make sure you have knowledgeable advocate supporting your major purchase (at least through delivery).)

* Yes, Esther Williams and sister extruded aluminum wall pools are somewhat preferable, but they are more expensive and harder to find. After I read every thread I could find on aluminum vs. steel wall I decided a pool wall from any reputable manufacturer is fine. (Yes, identifying the actual manufacturer can be a real pain, but that is a separate topic.) Read link at top for several details.

Couple quick notes from my purchase experience:
1. If you choose a resin top rail make sure that it is in stock and verify it was shipped. (My only complaint is that they switched me to metal top rail without notice :rant:. Made me mad but metal rail works fine and was a little easier to modify to fix minor pool install goof :oops: )
2. Order lower HP motor or have sales rep do exchange... preferrably for WhisperFlow. This is one area where I didn't do enough homework first time through. I'm getting ready to order quieter & more efficient motor now. Read other sections in this forum about excessive HP motors.
3. I did get the aquarium liner. It is thinner (20mm vs. 25mm I think), but I have no complaints. Besides, the fish acted as easy indicators while I filled up the pool using clothsline clips to slowly let out the liner (clip install method was best tip I learned on this forum).

See http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=7587 for my blooper setting pool ends and adjusting rails.
See http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=7587&highlight=zephans for my construction plan info.
Sorry I've been snoozing and didn't see your post earlier (too much sun or too much work I guess :sleep:).

Cheers!

-Zephan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.