Diagram for spa + pool + spillover + 1 input heater?

pcm2a

Aug 25, 2017
Mt Juliet, Tn
I have been googling trying to find a diagram for the proper setup to have the option of spa & pool running separately and heated separately but also still have the spillover. Right now it is set up for pool mode, water goes to the pool and the spa, spillover is going. I can change to spa mode and everything goes into the spa, no spillover. Both modes use one of the two possible inputs into the heater.

I'm also not clear on what the three modes would do in my ideal setup.

Pool mode: Pool pump sends only to the pool. Spa filter can be turned on to get the spa going. Both can be heated separately. Spillover off.
Spillover mode: Pool pump sends to the pool and the spa. All water goes through one heater input? Spillover on.
Spa mode: Pool pump sends all of the water to the spa. Spa filter can also be turned on. All water goes through one heater input? Spillover off.

Picture of the existing equipment:

Thanks for insight!

Last edited:
You can only setup a second filter and heater for your spa if you have a second set of suction lines in the spa.

What is your spa setup fro suctions and returns?

I have updated my equipment image with some arrows. The blue arrows are the returns to the spa, the red arrows are the suction from the spa. I have two of each. And on the far left blue arrow, yes that check valve is aimed so water can go out to the spa but not back in.

Arg, you guys are right. I assumed they were just covered up and not in use. Looking at the manual I see that it's just a single entry. I guess the previous owners must have had two heaters at some point because they have a heater 1 and 2 on the controller. Heater 2 does nothing currently. I'll update my original question.

I'll keep looking and report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.