Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I’ve got a 1hp pump on my system that experienced a sudden (1-2 hours) temperature fall of about 50 degrees down to 9F with high winds. The next morning I noticed the spa was drained and the system was frozen. Freeze protection kicks in at 33 degrees. I have no idea why this happened. After everything thawed I have tried to start the pump. It is causing the water in the debris basket to splash around but the pump always turns off before it is able to get a good flow of water from the pool. So, the pump sounds and appears to work, but not good enough to get the water circulating again.

suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Reactions: PaigeMark
Welcome to TFP! :wave: To help answer your question, we're going to need more info. Your signature is blank so we have no idea what you have there. It might be best to post some pics of your pump and the entire equipment pad so we can see everything. By the way, before you turn on the pump, did you remove the clear lid and fill the pump pot area with water and replace the lid before trying to prime? Also, are you 100% sure everything at the equipment pad is completely thawed? Especially the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.