Desperation is set in - need help

You can use the vacuum to draw water from the bottom of the pool to help improve circulation. A couple of things to keep in mind, one a sand filter is going to take longer to filter out dead algae and other organic debris, and two, you have a relatively small sand filter for the size of your pool. Keep the slam going and resist the temptation to add anything other than liquid chlorine to your pool. There is no quick fix that gives instant results.

Reactions: Pv2 and kevinz92702
95% chance that you have a main drain when that size of a pool only has 1 skimmer but it could be blocked off like I had to do to mine this year, that will slow the filtering process as stated. You are getting a lot of debris in the filter sock, that stuff will also really slow down the cleaning of the pool as it eats up your FC. Like I mentioned before, the best investment we made was our robot, they are expensive but save a lot of time cleaning, it won't filter out the small stuff I don't think, but it will get the stuff in the deep end and help "stir" things up to help get it to your filter if your main drain is indeed shut off. Here is a newer version of the one we have.
I see they have gone up almost double in price but when ours wears out we will still get a new one.
Putting the vac in the deep end and letting it suck to the filter will help some as well but you will still only be sucking from 1 spot, you just need to keep the pump and filter running 24/7.

Reactions: Pv2
Thought I would post a final update. After trying for weeks to get this pool clean, I decided to cut my losses and drained approximately half of the water and refilled with fresh. Then I brought my FC level to 10ppm, lowered PH to 7.2, and used HTH super clarifier to clean up the rest. Pool has been perfectly clear for over a week now and we have swam in it every day. All I do now is brush it every other night, vacuum 2x a week, and maintain a chlorine level between 4-6ppm. Everything is working just fine.

Reactions: CTFocusST
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.