Depression in pool floor

Jun 26, 2012
Hello All. Last season just before closing our pool it developed a depression in the floor. Roughly a foot a round and 10 inches deep. This is a small 15 foot round above ground pool. It's evident it was caused by an animal that dug under. In your opinion can I let this go till the next liner replacement or is this something I need to attend to right away? Should I be concerned with the integrity of the pool?

Pool.jpg

Thanks,
Joe M

It looks fine and should be okay other than collecting a lot of debris. As long as the liner stays intact you should be fine. But.... that's a pretty good pot hole you got there! Lol

Thanks Casey! You're right, it is quite a pot hole. It's directly under the skimmer as well. I'm pretty sure I would have a hard time getting the liner lined back up if I attempted to save the old one. I would probably put a new one in anyway. I would like to wait since the liner is not that old.

You should be fine. It looks like the bottom track is still sitting on solid ground so in my opinion the integrity of the pool shell has not been compromised. I cant tell if a seam runs through it but if not, you're good til you replace it. It's just going to be a nuisance for debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.