Dent in pool

Hther

May 23, 2020
NY
This happened and I thought that once it was filled back up with water the pressure would pop it back out. By Thursday night the water level was wear it should be, we had a lot of rain last night and now its higher than normal but the wall still looks like this. Am I ok to push it out from the inside of the pool or is there something more going on here? Thanks!
20191225_075753.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

That would be from ice forming in the skimmer over the winter and pushing upward on the lid. The cover prevented the lid from lifting and so the pressure pushed the skimmer inwards, denting the pool.

Welcome. The same happened here.

Hopefully it works out for both of you.

I would advise getting a helper, a mallet, and a couple of blocks of wood and gently tap out the crease. Have a helper hold a block of wood over the crease on one side of the pool while you hold a block of wood on the other side over the crease. Use the mallet to tap out the crease from the inside of the pool. You may need a 3rd helper to support the skimmer while you work.

Makes sense. Ive only had the pool 3 years, this is the 1st year I didn't do a traditional close on it. The cover was always such a nightmare. My brother had said he hadn't closed his the past few years and didn't have any problems. I asked about disconnecting things and he said he left everything connected on his so I did the same since we have the same setup. After this happened I went out an disconnected everything. He had thought once the water was added back the side would just pop out from the pressure but that hasn't happened. Lesson learned.
Welcome to TFP!

That would be from ice forming in the skimmer over the winter and pushing upward on the lid. The cover prevented the lid from lifting and so the pressure pushed the skimmer inwards, denting the pool.

Next time disconnect the hoses and fill the skimmer with chopped up pool noodles. Your brother has been very lucky!

After this happened I did go out and disconnect it. Next year I will drain it down like I normally would and maybe just not cover it. I could never get all the debris off the cover and it ended up it in the pool anyways and then it weighed a ton and to get it out of the pool took forever and a whole squad of people. I will say this year the pool appears to be clearing up a bit easier but not worth the damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.