DEL AOP 50 Ozone + UV Generator

vandenr

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2018
MI
I have been a member of TFP for a couple of years but want to get serious about having a trouble-free pool and dialing in on doing things right.

I have a Taylor TTI 200 to test my water

I installed a DEL Ozone50APG Ozone Generator last year and I have a Hayword Salt generator and do not know what level of ORP I should keep the pool water at, can anyone help?

The second question, providing I know what to set the ORP at, do I still need to add liquid chlorine for a shock or do I not have to shock it with these two pieces of equipment.

The third question, the App does not list concrete pools as an option, what is the best of the three options to use?

how can I calculate the gallons of water my pool is. It seems like the calculators I have seen do not take into consideration the size of the shallow side of which mine is very small. Any ideas

"Van", for the APP, look for something like plaster, pebble, or anything related to concrete. It's all basically the same. For gallon size, divide your pool into section and take measurements that way and add them together. Once you have a ballpark estimate, using the PoolMath and subsequent dosages will tell you if the volume of gallons is too high or low.

I don't speak ORP :), but perhaps @JoyfulNoise or @Donldson can assist. In the meantime, I found these discussions which may give you some insight.

Van,

It looks like you have been a member of TFP since 2018...

Care to share with us with us your reasons to go with UV, and OZone???

It can't come as much of a surprise that they are not systems that we have much faith in, nor recommend.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really do need help

Unfortunately, I am a sucker for what I read and I have not been active on TFP. I am just getting to the point in my life to be able to take the time to start doing more research

The reason I went with UV, and OZone is because I am a sucker

I first installed Hayward sense and dispense and salt generator and was going through a ton of Co2 and thought I could reduce the level of chlorine needed by adding the UV, and OZone.

I am ready to throw away the award products and start over, but not sure what is the easiest to use. The other thing I don't like about the Hayward is it uses ORP reading and just starting to read some threads TFP is not a fan of that either.

What can you tell me about your Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4 (now 8), IC40 SWG. What do you use to adjust the PH automatically?

Reactions: Texas Splash
Van,

I don't do anything to "automatically" adjust anything... :mrgreen:

The SWCG is almost automatic, but I still test once a week or so, and make sure my FC stays at or above my target, by adjusting the % of output on the SWCG, when needed.. As far as pH goes, I add MA about once a week.. about 15 or 20 oz, give or take a little.

Just like the autopilot in some cars, they work great right up until the moment of the crash!!.. I kind of like driving the "car" or pool in our case, myself..

I don't recommend any sense and dispense system, no matter who makes it. No automated system will take care of your pool as well as you can.

I love my EasyTouch, IC40, and IntelliFlo pump.. The IC40's in general have had some Flow Switch issues, but they have not really been an issue for me. If I were building a new pool today, I would go with the new Pentair IntelliCenter automation system.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.