Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I was working on a heater install today and turned off the power center breaker. After turning the breaker back on, I noticed that all the valve actuators (except for the one on Aux 7, which actually turned to the open position) moved to the closed position. This caused a dead head condition. Thankfully I haven't lost power since the install and in this case the pump wasn't running but concerned with this behavior.

Why are all the valves closing when power cycling the system? How can I set a default state or have it remember the previous state? If I were to lose power and the system rebooted, the pump would resume schedule and all my valves would be closer and cause the pump to dead head.

When the Aqualink system powers up the suction and return JVA valves go to the pool position.

Assuming you have 3 way valves on the suction and return sides, and that their travel limits are set correctly it should not be possible to dead head either the suction or return valves.

You’re setup must be different than the standard setup, can you post some pictures of your equipment and plumbing?

When the Aqualink system powers up the suction and return JVA valves go to the pool position.

Assuming you have 3 way valves on the suction and return sides, and that their travel limits are set correctly it should not be possible to dead head either the suction or return valves.

You’re setup must be different than the standard setup, can you post some pictures of your equipment and plumbing?
Attached is a photo. There are JVA valves on the skimmer, cleaner, and main drain, to automate the cleaner and skimming functions on a schedule. All 3 of these valves will close on power cycle which blocks any flow of water.

I can move the skimmer JVA to Aux7 which for no apparent reason defaults to open, which would stop a dead head situation, but the best option would be to set a default position for each or resume the last known position.

Attachments

• PXL_20210515_193222404.jpg
    PXL_20210515_193222404.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 11
Looks like it's actually the Solar JVA port that are turned on by default when the system is booted up. I'm moving the skimmer to that port. I called Jandy and asked what the behavior of this should be (default to on or default to off) and as usual they have no idea.

Last edited:
I see, it's the three extra valves on the suction side causing you problems. I wonder if an alternative might not be to flip the switch on the main drain JVA so that it defaults open at power up and then change the programming to activate the valve (close it) when drawing from the skimmer, or when cleaning?

I see, it's the three extra valves on the suction side causing you problems. I wonder if an alternative might not be to flip the switch on the main drain JVA so that it defaults open at power up and then change the programming to activate the valve (close it) when drawing from the skimmer, or when cleaning?
That was an alternative I was thinking about but would probably confuse the wife when using the app because it would be operating opposite.

I ended up just putting the skimmer on the Solar JVA since that appears to default to ON once the power center boots up. I called Jandy and asked about the behavior of the Solar JVA and what it should default to and they had no clue after being put back on hold and them probably trying to read through the manual.

Does the ePump have an overheat protection to avoid damage if there's no flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.