Deep End Swim Out Seat

Lara34

Oct 3, 2017
Auckland
Hi, Our pool is currently under construction and the concrete will go in next week but we need to make a decision on a deep end swim out seat. The pool is concrete, 9.8m x 4.7m and 1.2m deep at shallow end to 1.9m deep at deep end. There will be three steps in at the shallow end (the traditional diagonal corner steps). The kids (12,10 and 8) however would also love a deep end seat that they can swim to in order to rest and to also get out of the pool when playing Marco Polo..etc I think they are traditionally called Love Seats. However, I don't want the seat to get in the way of them jumping in and then hurting themselves!! Pool builder doesn't normally do them but has suggested a corner diagonal seat 600mm deep (so will be 500mm water) and 600mm width. Do you think this will get in the way and the kids will hurt themselves on it when jumping in? Would love to get your advice and if anyone has such a deep end seat and wishes they hadn't done so or is glad they did it?
Thanks
Lara

Lara,

Welcome to TFP... A Great pool research site for all pool owners, no matter what their "Land" is called... :shark:

I think swim-out seats are a great idea. They allow you to get out or just take a break...

I would think for them to be in the way, they would have to be much wider than a standard seat.

It would "almost" be impossible to jump in and hit the seat unless you were really trying.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I do think you are wise to consider the safety hazard of jumping in on top of a love-seat. My suggestion is to have it recessed into the side of the pool. See my pics in my sig-line for an example.

GAbdeNw52ZTwFEckvvhpelr50mEql7CPezmCKvovGjOmLiWE2xIJxOf6FQJN9EJxDNzfm1w6LjQIQBylTzUDXwqqeLijFYhGWcYy5MIrtOc700ezz3t_jowODna6cymZMyAnjkgHp4tx9iH73l8EDYnrWeOxrv-f-Tv5jqBAcipoTO2JH1LZXm4t32u0lBCmGZ_tQb-h-_OaWLpvUiaAfY-uVI8bKP8rvC-XC54nHTTwifc8SHSAvLjzyTvVCPYDSUmcEji9e80fov6XzH9aFahqXYy-tnqb2Uqx6w5_je5v1mZPMHIgLyt99VGKgZmuQfFHDYDpkXAiuSoBwx_c7jjhodazKdJ16Yfsl-6H5UFM9kgydmWmv1mp37Z53eMZwLQAO7KuuOudax7uDnMUL8ZktoDWT9-OcUkqN-5YInjF4XuOFeYgYjSNsj3nrcDRidzWXPLvNPgImdacwgoX2frEFveS6lJxyV7PYGmlGeN7QDYIuEQM_A3do29OQMLsz9ElaAjd6lhCz6a3Ui2-6CpFhxGuZyh5ldRT-53393_qgT-FBjZHzOvRi8wojEpPjBpW5tYwKaJQ2CdSFfu9vc6wEaPaDigYMFDeT3rNLEEYL7xfoQmTzcyUzeZS0KFoMkJBk72jbygJgJlrxFw3tSFhyyGHHU4mjDw=w1705-h959-no

Hi. I have a rectangle pool and the entire end of one short side is a roman end with a bench taking up the width of that end. So you cannot (should not) jump off that end. My kids are also young and it's not a problem. They know they are not allowed to jump in from the end (other end are the stairs). The concern is really when friends are over but we go over "rules of the pool" before everyone gets in. We're there to watch them as well so it's not something I worry about. That being said I do need to give friendly reminders to guests since they're kids and will forget (one reason why no swimming w/o an adult there). I'm about the same depth as you so there is no diving whatsoever and that is a big relief for me.

I'm so glad we went with the bench. We use it and as a result our deep end so much more than we would without it.

Thanks for all you help everyone. PoolGate can you please tell me the measurements of your bench seat that is in the water (not the recessed one)? Thanks so much, Lara

It is 18" under the surface and 6 feet wide where it connects to the wall. It is around 15" deep.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.