Deep end on AGP

BobnAmyG

May 9, 2020
Madison Wisconsin
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a Wilbar Azor AGP (27'; 54" wall resin seats, uprights and tracks, steel wall) to replace my existing pool. Is the Wilbar capable of having a deep end? I have read that some pools are not suitable for deep ends as the walls may collapse from water weight during install of the liner. Not sure if that is totally accurate or if it was just a sales pitch for a certain pool. My current pool has a deep end and I don't recall purchasing a "deep end" model. I don't recall what brand model my pool is although it too is resin seats, posts and tracks. Likewise, in all my pool shopping I don't recall seeing any pool advertised as a "deep end capable".

I have heard of people doing deep ends with some pools.........My installer put a slight bowl in the middle of my pool to make it a bit deeper but it is very slight. I think it really depends on your liner as well. It has to be able to stretch to do it.

We have "a deep end pool". We have a doughboy but other pools probably could have a deep end.
Actually the doughboy instructions give directions on how to add a deep end. You'll need an expandable liner because it will need to stretch to fit the deep end.
1589891022536.png
Here's a video on what stretching a liner looks like:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.