Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We've been cleaning our filter frequently since pollen season, including one soak in some water with TSP. Whatever gunk is in there just isn't coming out. We put in a new filter and the flow and pressure improved dramatically. Our old filter is just over a year old, and doesn't look damaged.
Rather than toss it, now that we have plenty of time, is there a way to really deep clean it? It would be nice to have a spare so that we can take additional time to deep clean when necessary. I see that there are "potions" for deep cleaning, but this is the place I get my advice on such things. :)

I have had good success with the filter cleaning tools that attach to a hose. These are sold at the online pool stores and spray several small streams of water deep inside the folds of the filter. I usually don’t need to use any cleaning chemicals or soaking. The filters change from dirty grey to white using this. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Shirker
Do another TSP bath and after it do a 50:1 MA bath for 24 hours. I used one of those big green landscaper buckets for mine. The tops stuck out a couple of inches so I would flip them upside down 12 hours in. The came out pristine everytime. But you want to get any oils/metals off first with the TSP because the MA might weld/melt them permanently to the filter if they are present in the 2nd step.

Rinse thoroughly after both steps with a pressure washer (not too close to damage the pleats) or a hose attachment / filter cleaning tool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.