Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi, I have an inground pool that has a dedicated vacuum line. So instead of using the skimmer to vac the pool, I guess I can add a hose to my vac line. Question is, do I close off my skimmer line and main drains or just the skimmer if I use my vac line? Any thoughts? Thanks

There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it each builder does their own thing. I would not suggest shutting everything but the vacuum off that would create a ton of suction. Play around with it to find the best setting. Start with it barely opened and work your way up to a workable suction amount.

A,

Depending on your pump, you may not be able to suck enough water through the vac hose.. So, as PoolGate points out, you should fully open the valve to the vac line and leave the skimmer open.. Then, once the pump comes up to speed, slowly close off the skimmer until you notice the pump struggle to get water.. Then open the skimmer back up until the pump sounds normal. This set up will pull most of the water through the vac, but still allow a little water to pass through the skimmer.

Or.. you could move into this Century and get a Robot like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.