Deck jet leaking

jcaj558

Oct 4, 2017
New Lenox, IL
I have 3 deck jets around my pool. The one at the deep end has a small amount of water trickling out. There is a jandy valve controlled with an actuator that turns on all 3 jets. Then down line from that is an individual manual shut off valve for each jet. How can the jet be leaking with 2 shut off valves? Both bad?

The Jandy valve, if leaking, would have flow to all 3 jets (assuming each manual valve for the jet is open). If you shut off the manual valve to the jet that is leaking, then turn on the main Jandy valve to operate the other 2 jets - do you see any trickle of water in the jet that is manually isolated? If so, then you may have a faulty manual shut off. Try the same for the other jets that are not trickling. Do they have no flow when other jets are operating (indicating those manual valves are holding)?
I am thinking there could be a pressure trap between the main jandy valve and the manual valve.

I have 3 deck jets around my pool. The one at the deep end has a small amount of water trickling out. There is a jandy valve controlled with an actuator that turns on all 3 jets. Then down line from that is an individual manual shut off valve for each jet. How can the jet be leaking with 2 shut off valves? Both bad?
I’m sure u have it figured out by now. We had exact same problem. We have a 3hp pump and one jet slow leak. We replaced the valve insides 2-3 times no help after a week leaks again. What works is Turn off the pump then close the valve then turn pump back on. Never a leak again out pentair rep said the pressure is to great when closing the valve with pump running cause a small water seepage

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.