Deck is finished and the pool has been great for 2 years..

Re: Deck is finished and the pool has been great for 2 years

before cleaning.
9a988cb6.jpg

After cleaning but the wood is still wet.
1f764272.jpg

Next pic I hope like Monday Tuesday of next week will be after the one time wood is applied. Thinking I will have to wait until late afternoon Saturday and Sunday to put it on. I am thinking def all day jop maybe a couple..

18 hours in the railing alone but got it finished about 30 min ago. Tomorrow finally going to hit the deck itself. Looks so good it's worth all the hard work...

Looks awesome.. A lot of hard work and I am sun burned to a crisp today LOL. 8.5 hrs without the shirt on yesterday was a bad move..
708f6351.jpg

65fa5285.jpg

749c2215.jpg

Ok, now for the bad part. The coverage was less then half of what was stated so had to order another 5 gallons. Not even sure that will be enough to finish this and the lower deck plus all the lattice. At the price they sell it for def unhappy with the coverage rating but love the product. Good thing you do not have to worry about lap marks with this stuff. PS, I will never do this again LOL...
acecb6f9.jpg

Ok the deck surface and all is done except a little lattice. Ran out of material again. Def way short on the coverage rating.

A look through a fish's eye...
02bb875e.jpg

c86e173f.jpg

98e2395e.jpg

wide angle on the Iphone..
c1c83ea2.jpg

24307f87.jpg

Lattice..
c9e7e1cc.jpg

71f4e801.jpg

That looks excellent! The color really makes the deck pop. Sucks that the coverage rating isn't what they claim. Nothing ever is tho. My parents used the deck restore product and it was also about half the coverage rate as what was stated. Our deck needs treating this year and this post has given me the inspiration to get it done, I think. Lol

Ok here are the pics to show the transformation. We are finally done 100%. Ended up using almost 12 gallons of the one time wood. The stuff is expensive and the coverage rating is way off but I am glad I used this product. I feel its going to be good for more years then anything they sell in the box box stores. Plus to re-coat all you need to do is clean with soap and water and re-apply.

before cleaning.
9a988cb6.jpg

After cleaning but the wood is still wet.
1f764272.jpg

Finished.
2bb7608d.jpg

Here are pics showing it all done. I really like how the lattice turned out.
60ad1c88.jpg

a32b4d30.jpg

4ac1e165.jpg

4f40a40b.jpg

1da47b8a.jpg

Alright I am really really loving your deck..... Can I ask a personal question?? Could you tell me approx the cost of the deck before all the painting... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Grish76 said:
You sir get my first post. Thumbs up. Truely a beautiful configuration from ground up.

Thank you very much. Best thing we ever did was put the pool in. We get tons of family time in and enjoy it all the time. Now just praying all the new deck furniture will be here before the 4th LOL...

New furniture arrived. Just waiting on the stone fire table that was supposed to be here today. They r saying tomorrow so we shall see. 4th of July hangout is a go now...

3cea7a38.jpg

17a61f14.jpg

582e77c8.jpg

c0074070.jpg

cc9829c6.jpg

0ee0a74d.jpg

Thanks you two.. IL here.. We got the furniture from rstoutdoor.com
We looked around for a month or so and settled on this due to there 30 day money back quarantee. Don't need to worry about that now though as the quality is very nice and it's all super comfy. It's also PE so it should last years.

Thanks

Looks Nice.............When are you going to stain your fence to match?? Just kidding i have gone thru what you did 2 times myself and it is hard work. Thts why i went to composite on my third deck. Enjoy your paradise!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.