Deck is finished and the pool has been great for 2 years..

Re: Deck is finally started

thanks everyone.. Here are a few more.

2010-08-17125649.jpg

2010-08-17125638.jpg

2010-08-17125716.jpg

2010-08-17125724.jpg

2010-08-17125749.jpg

That is one awesome looking deck. Nice job! You and your family will have many wonderful hours sitting on the deck and swimming in your beautiful pool. Congrats. :goodjob:

How much of a gap did you leave between pool top rail and decking. Also did you bolt all of you 2x6 to your 4x4 post. I am going to be building a deck in a cpl weeks just looking for any good ideals.

I didn't leave a gap at all. I figure to use hooks to hold the winter cover down or bungee cords. Yes its all bolted together. Now the process for a really nice furniture set has started. Leaning towards wicker as we have had that on the front patio for 3 yrs and it looks brand new still.

Thanks for info. I am going to be starting a deck next week have built several decks but never around a pool did you run into any problems or have any tips or advice that you think might be helpful before i get started.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok got the little deck done leading up to the pool deck also. Now I just have to decide what I want to use to cover the open bottom of the pool deck. Thinking 5/4 board vertical or the new vertical lattice. Then its the paver patio to move the grill down in front of the stairs on the lower deck and finally I think I am good for awhile. The rattan wicker furniture is also on the way along with the patio heater.

IMG_20100827_131443.jpg

IMG_20100827_131727.jpg

The sparkling water and the roover..
IMG_20100822_120530.jpg

IMG_20100827_131542.jpg

The new furniture we have coming.
BJfsEwBWkKGrHqJiQEv10BTOpBMMOTJIz2Q_3.jpg

BJn3JwB2kKGrHqMOKnIEvyFryDd0BMMOnusvDQ_3.jpg

This is exactly what I want around my pool. Could you please tell me how far apart are the outside 4x4s (the ones that end up being part of the railing)? Also, you said the poles next to the pool are about 20" out. Did you double the poles to compensate for the angles?
Thanks sooo much! It looks GREAT!!

Its finally pool time again. Snagged some new stairs and an awesome led light for them. Still the best money I ever spent for the pool was the rover. Also this yr its time to coat the deck and I am leaning towards one time wood as I have been reading on coating for about 2 weeks. Seems most r VERY happy with that product.

9a988cb6.jpg

e60690ed.jpg

f4bd7f06.jpg

9cf86a02.jpg

That is amazing!

I know everyone says decks are a lot of work but not as difficult as they seem, I'm doubting it would go well if I tried to make one. I was looking at prices of materials on deckplans.com and a smaller deck, I think it was 12x12 had an estimated material cost of $1k.

Maybe next summer we can give it a shot. (too many other projects that need to get done first)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.