Decided to join the TFP party and dance with my 18' x 52" Intex Ultra.

gregorygonzalez

Sep 8, 2021
I'm so glad I found this website because it brings back fond memories of when I was younger and we had a pool that my dad always maintained of course. Everything on TFP is right up my alley and reminds me of my father who was a Collegiate Chemistry Professor and he only used raw chemicals to maintain the pool. He would always tell me that all the Crud that you see on the shelves in the pool supplies store is just overpriced product with gimmicky wording and then would proceed to explain to me the chemical that would accomplish the same task as the gimmicky worded product was absolutely pure without unnecessary additives and half the price of the the pool store chemicals. I loved this about my dad and started learning about chemicals by hanging out next to my dad's side while he tested the water and then wrote by hand his calculations as to what chemicals we were going to add. Anyways TFP reminds me of my dad and I have gone on to employ his principles when it comes to deciphering chemicals off any products and then buy the generic with the same exact chemical compounds as the double priced product. I love the TFP philosophy of using tried and true pool additives that are generally simple chemicals that produce water results that are usually even more impressive than those national companies running programs with complex adulterated chemical products that are supposed to wow and dazzle the pool owner. I'm obsessed with testing and I run every test in the TFT-100 test kit every morning. At first I was adding quite a bit of chemicals until I finally stabilized the pool. Now I test and use the Pool Math App and follow the suggested chemical additives and my pool is pristine. I've already run out of TFT-100 chemicals, in particular the ones that use large amounts for a test, and just received my second order of chemicals today. The obsessive testing is the chemist in me. What else do you need to know? I was Born in Fort Worth, moved to Dallas, and now as an adult I once again live in Fort Wort. Oh and my dirty secret that I will reveal publicly on TFP is that my first set up of the pool was not level at all. I'm at the maximum 3" threshold that translates into instability and danger. I will be draining the pool next week and using another method and many lessons I've learned about leveling pools the right way on TFP.