5bucks

Jun 6, 2015
Quarryville/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi folks. I know there are no short cuts, but I’m going to try to take one here. Since opening I have had debris back in the pool. (There is no way that many gnats accumulate on the bottom over night.) I know what to check — filter grids or multiport. But it’s the time, I don’t have time to investigate any further and am considering just replacing grid assembly or/and the whole key assembly. I did replace a damaged spider gasket which did not do the trick as I had thought it would when I found it. I am not the original owner of the Hayward 4820 and have had it for 3 years never having done any replacement parts since purchased. My question is which is most likely to be the culprit? Stuff doesn’t swoosh back in through the return. It’s more like perfectly fine after vacuuming then 24 hrs later I have a pile of black dots in the center of my pool.

Your signature doesn't' specific, but you must have a DE filter (grids). If they are oversaturated with material, bugs, organic, etc) I suspect nothing will adhere to them. Does your water pressure get lower along with a higher filter pressure reading until you backwash at which point it improves temporarily? I would be curious to see a full set of water test results as well to see if something chemically is interfering with good filtering.

None of the above except yes, de filter (Hayward 4820). Filter grids were cleaned and refreshed at beginning of season. Pressure has never risen much above starting point except once when filter basket was full of beetles last week. Eww, beetle season in PA. Chem has been spot on. Cleaned again after realizing issue but didn’t check grids over super well.
First time I opened to a clear pool in years (due to high wind location and cover issues) and now this. So frustrating. I should have known when everything opened up so clean and balanced. The boys don’t seem to mind but Im a sparkling water, clean pool only kinda person. Not sparkling water with a pile of bugs kinda person. If I do find a few spare minutes and wish to find some solitude I have to vacuum before I dip 🤦🏽‍♀️
I’m sure it’s an easy fix I’m capable of doing but can’t find the time or anyone to do it. That’s why I thought it might be quicker to just replace any possible issue at a fairly minimal cost instead of taking the time to dismantle and then not having the parts. No air leaks either. Everything tighter than ever

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.