Debris from cleaning IG pool

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
I am using pool robot vrx iq+ to clean the pool.
The pool is inground, pebble finish.
Waited about a month after pool fill, before started using robot, per builder instructions.
After robot is done, when I clean out the debris basket, this is the debris I find. Looks like pebble finish. Wondering if this is normal, and how long I should expect to keep seeing this stuff. Dies it disappear eventually? Will always be there? Is this indicator of something going on with finish? Wanted to make sure before things get bad (if at all).
Also, after pool robot done, if I brush the bottom of pool, I still see some dust kick up. I was expecting robot to pick up all this. Maybe it's time to call Polaris.

20210102_181412.jpg

It is perfectly natural for plaster dust to be in pool after new application. Did you brush daily the pool so the main filter could pick up this dust? You will need to continue to circulate the water to remove the dust as it will eventually be all captured by your filter. Have you cleaned your filter recently?

Pool was completed filling Nov 12.
Since then. For first 2 weeks I brushed twice a day. Then for next 2 weeks brushed once a day.
Pump ran 24x7 at full rpm for first almostv4 weeks, at which time tech changed it to a 12 hr schedule.
After a month, brushed every couple days. Just recently started using robot few days ago, in addition to brushing.
I have not yet cleaned main filter, was actually going to ask about that, as to me it would be good idea to clean about a month after to remove ceap that it fterex out from new plaster.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.