Debris coming out of returns?

michie

Apr 18, 2018
Pell City,AL
We just opened our pool and there was a lot of dirt in there. I vacuumed to waste the bulk of it, but there was still some left over from when we couldn't really see the bottom. I just hooked the vacuum back up but didn't switch it to waste since it wasn't much, but it seems to come back out of the returns? Does this mean our sand probably needs to be changed? The pool is about 15 years old; we've only been here for 2 years though and have no idea if it has been changed previously.

Sometimes the dirt load on a sand filter just seems to send it back through. Once the pool is halfway clean it may quit. If not, it could be low sand level, a valve problem of internal tube cracked.

Sometimes the dirt load on a sand filter just seems to send it back through. Once the pool is halfway clean it may quit. If not, it could be low sand level, a valve problem of internal tube cracked.

Thanks! I'm thinking something is cracked - it is kicking a good bit of sand back in too when just filtering. The pool itself really isn't dirty anymore. Is this a DYI type thing? or no? We've never really had to do much more than change out a bad o ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.