dealing with people wanting to use your pool

What is it they keep asking? Are they asking to invite themself so they can swim with you, or do they want to use the pool when you are not around ?

They keep asking when we will invite them over. The gate is locked so they can't get in when we're not home. We probably would have had them over if they weren't so forward about it (child limited to kiddie pool of course), but the more they ask the less interested we are.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually sounds like you simple don't want to be friends with these people. It may be to your benefit to cut ties with them. Let's be honest swim diapers and life jackets would solve your issues. If it's been three years and you haven't invited them over once for a swim then these people are just not your friends

Unfortunately we're not the kind of people to just cut ties, although we have distanced ourselves because of this.

MY SIL used to call and ask to use our pool when we weren't home. I said sure. They got a newer, bigger pool, and I am pretty sure she'd say no if I did the same. My kids have been in theirs a handful of times this year, me, not at all. Fine with me, I know my water is balanced!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.