Dealing with constant surface debris

NjPool84

Jun 9, 2017
Hackettstown, NJ
How do you guys do it? I skim the pool, 30mins to an hour later, theres a visible amount small leaves, mapleseeds, bugs, etc on the surface. Enough to make me break out the skimmer and do it again quickly. Im not talking about a small handful scattered throughout the pool...its a lot.

Ive spent 2500 chopping down trees.

Any suggestions?

Nice to meet you via TFP :)

It takes a fair bit of attention to keep a pool skimmed with a manual leaf skimmer / scoop. Does your pool have a skimmer plumbed to the pump? (an opening at water level in the side of the pool, or possibly hung over the wall of an above ground pool).

You can add a signature (see mine below) describing your pool. Having a signature will help you get the best possible tips here.

We have LOTS of trees. When my trees are busy in spring and fall I run the pump 24x7 to keep all the debris skimmed. We have a variable speed pump. It runs at 1100 rpm for skimming, making chlorine and solar standby. It uses 150 watts at 1100 rpm. At 10.25c/kWh I can run the pump 24x7 for less than 12 bucks per month. If you have a 2 speed pump you can also run that on low fairly cheaply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.