Dead spa. Technician can't come til Thursday, but it's dipping below freezing at night

hBomb42

Jul 15, 2020
Illinois
Hey all! Sorry for not posting here more, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and want to run the advice I got from both my dealer and Bullfrog by you, because it's making me nervous. I have a 2019 Bullfrog X7 that I noticed would not to turn on last Saturday morning. I live in the Chicago burbs, and as of last night temps have started to dip below freezing. The wonderful service department at the Great Escape, whom sold me the tub, cannot make it out here til Thursday no matter what, and I have not been able to find a local service company that carries Bullfrog parts.

I am very worried that the innards of my tub might freeze, and would like to keep that from happening if at all possible. Things I have: an electric water pump that can drain the tub in about an hour, and a slop sink fed by a tankless water heater a short hose run from the tub. Here's what both the dealer and Bullfrog suggested: get a small ceramic heater from Home Depot, set it to low and enclose it inside the service panel. I've done this, but was unable to get the service panel all the way back on, and on top of that, running an electric heater overnight in an enclosed (albeit bone dry, but inches away from ~450 gallons of water) space gives my inner Boy Scout the heebie jeebies. The heater is plugged into a GFCI outlet via a burly, uncoiled outdoor extension cord. Do I really need the heater, or will I be ok if I can keep the water temp in the tub up by adding hot water?

I did this for almost a week last winter when my control board died during the first big freeze of the season when the repair company was backed up and it was no problem at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.