Lewistown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I made a stupid mistake while backwashing and ended up with some DE on the bottom of the pool. Of course it’s the night before my daughters birthday pool party. 🤦‍♀️😩. Now the water is slightly cloudy. I’m running the automatic vacuum because it’s dark here now and I plan on manually vacuuming in the morning. If there is still some DE in the water will it be harmful to swim? I feel AWFUL ruining my daughters day with her friends 😩.

I made a stupid mistake while backwashing and ended up with some DE on the bottom of the pool. Of course it’s the night before my daughters birthday pool party. 🤦‍♀️😩. Now the water is slightly cloudy. I’m running the automatic vacuum because it’s dark here now and I plan on manually vacuuming in the morning. If there is still some DE in the water will it be harmful to swim? I feel AWFUL ruining my daughters day with her friends 😩.
Run the main filter throughout the night. Brush the bottom and/or have the cleaner stir it up. The filter will recapture the DE.
This assumes you fixed the issue that put the DE in the pool.
You can manual vac to waste in morning if not clear.

Reactions: asoccio
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.