DE in pool - not the simple answer

I am in Southern California. And, I will do the shock and see what happens. Remember, I have a very good ozonator and I don't use chlorine except for shocking in the warm summer months (about once a week when it is very warm). I appreciate your comments. It is raining today, I hope to be able to pull off the socks later today after work. I will shock the pool tonight.

Just a note; You do realize that just using ozone you don't have any residual sanitizer in the bulk pool water so there's no protection from person to person transmission, don't you?

Is this an indoor or outdoor pool?

Also just to add, I am guessing your idea of "shocking" is very different from what we mean by the shock process. I would recommend reading about our methods in Pool School.

I would also recommend you seriously reconsider your pool maintenance methods for the safety of anyone in your pool.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Does the pump hold its prime when it is shut off? If it doesn't the water in the filter tank can drain back through the lines into the pool taking some DE with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.