Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I thoroughly cleaned my DE grids. As always, I take them to a local well know pool store for assembly and in return I always buy something. This time around a kid working there could to assemble it and told me my grids are bent I need new grids. The grids are not that old. I am attaching two pictures. Fortunately, Two years ago I purchased a whole grid assembly so I can quickly take out the old assembly and put in the new assembly. That way, I can take my time cleaning and soaking the grids. Any comments/suggestions will be appGrid1.jpgGrid2.jpgreciated.

Look closely only one of the filter grids is unique. All the others are interchangeable upon installation. Don't be intimidated, take your time, start from the inside and work your way around. Check and double check the position of each grid as you install the top manifold. Be sure to use O-ring silicone grease on all O-rings and the large gasket that seals the surrounding canister. YouTube has videos detailing this process. You don't need the pool store for this.

Reactions: Saturn94
Andy,

The new kid is full of bull feathers.. :mrgreen: Your grids are fine..

Just do it yourself.. The first time I did it, it took me over an hour to reassembly the grids and I almost cried.. The next time took 10 minutes and now it is about five minutes...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I can assemble the bottom part ok. Its the top manifold that I can not align and be able to put the long rods through. I went to a store where you can pinch your dollars. Bought a thermometer and a strainer basket. Their expert will come in tomorrow and we'll see what happens. I do have plenty of time on my hands so if they can't assemble it, I will give it a try again. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.