Gold Supporter
May 15, 2019
Bridgewater, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone...this morning I noticed my filter had zero pressure. I was doing the SLAM process since i haven't been on top of my game in maintaining the pool. It was turning green. I have the skimmer and the bottom drain open so water filters. Water level in the pool also keeps dropping. This morning it was almost down to bottom of the skimmer level. I also backwashed for about three four minutes. I opened the valve at the top of the filter to let out any air and wait for steady stream of water to come through but nothing. Water comes than stops and starts up again. Not sure what's going on. In the pump window i can see water is not filling upto the top where you basically see a bubble floating at the top. Any help before I call the PROs?

You may have one or more things going on. Either a suction side air leak which is interfering with the pump basket's ability to maintain a full prime, or ...... you might also have that DE filter overwhelmed with algae that is restricting water flow through the system. When my filter gets overloaded, my pump basket water level drops as well. Plus, the vent tube to your pressure relief may be plugged-up with junk too. Last thing could be a bad pressure gauge. So I would do the following:
1 - Check the suction side for obvious errors like a low water level, bad skimmer weir (flap) door, pump basket O-ring bad or not lubed, and any other potential areas that could pull-in air on the suction side. You might also ensure you didn't suck-up something to create a partial clog.
2. Then turn off the system to ensure the pressure gauge falls to zero. If not, it needs to be replaced.
3. Consider a good DE filter inspection & cleaning. DE filters fill fast during a SLAM Process, so that could be part of the problem.

Give those a shot and let us know how it's going.

My DE filter was clogged and there was barely any DE in there. I had to open it up and rinse it out. Added back about 10LB of DE back in. Turn on the pump and bingo nonstop flow. I also had to tap the gauge and saw that it move the needle. I ended up ordering a new one which was delivered today. Going to replace it today. Using the new robot to clean the floor so learning a lot on how to maintain my pool. Appreciate all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.