Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
When our pool was originally built 15 years ago, clean filter pressure was right at 20 lbs, maybe slightly less. Over time, it had dropped to 17-18 lbs. Today, after cleaning the filter, pressure was just under 16 lbs. What would cause that and is it anything to worry about? There are no discernible air leaks, meaning no bubbles in the pump basket or coming out of the returns. Water level has been remaining constant since our humidity has risen recently cutting down the evaporation, so I’m confident that I don’t have a water leak. Pump is only 3-4 years old. Filter grids were replaced last year.

I suspect that your gauge is just old...

Filter pressure is backwards from what most people think. It is not a measure of how well your pump is working. It is a measure of how hard it is to push water through your filter and back to the pool. High filter pressure is actually a bad thing.

Not much will lower your filter pressure over time.

I doubt you have anything to worry about.

What kind of pump do you have??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jark87
I replaced the original when I broke it by dropping the filter top when cleaning.

I bet you are not the first one to do that... :mrgreen:

If you are concerned, then the first thing I would do is replace the gauge.

Otherwise, as long as you have a good strong flow of water back to your pool, you are good.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jark87
DE filter pressure can change with the amount and/or type of DE used. Have you changed the way you are adding DE or the brand?

A broken grid could also lower pressure.

Have you changed the way you are adding DE or the brand?
Good point. I did change the DE brand because I couldn’t find the brand I had used for years in stock. I noticed that the new brand was “fluffier” than the old one and when I weighed a scoop, it weighed slightly less than the old.

I think the grids are fine - they’re fairly new. I didn’t completely disassemble the filter, but I pulled the assembly out and used a nozzle to get in between each one. There were no noticeable breaks where the grids attach to the manifold.

Thanks for the quick replies. My mind is at ease. 🙂

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.