DE filter - air relief valve

Jiggs1219

Jun 4, 2020
New York
DE filter - air relief valve

Hey guys,

First time here.I have air bubbles coming from from pump basket and I tried changing and lubing the o ring but it’s still persisting. No matter how many times I adjust the o ring and the cover, bubbles keep appearing from near the top. I have ordered a new cover for my Hayward 1600 pump to hope that fixes it but that’s still a few days away.

The new problem is while I was trying to fix this, the DE filter might have gotten affected. I tried backwashing, priming with the recirculate option to let the air out and changing it back to the filter option. The water looks like it’s going thru but the air relief valve doesn’t show water shooting out of it. There doesn’t seem to be much air in it either. Is this just too much air in the system causing issues? I was able to run the pump and filter the way it was for the past month until I got a new o ring delivered. The person who opened my pool said it didn’t need immediate replacing and there weren’t too much bubbles and that I can probably get thru the season like this if I wanted to.

This is the video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fHHpjWAEzE

Any advice or tips?
Thanks!

J,

If no water comes out of the air relief valve, either the valve is clogged (happens often) or your pump is not moving water into the filter..

If you have not taken your DE filter apart and cleaned it recently, you should do that now. Make sure to clean the inside of the upper tank. Use a garden hose and make sure the water comes out of the air relief valve..

Make sure you clean each grid.. I take the grid assembly apart and clean each grid individually..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the comment. The filter was just installed a month ago. I was able to backwash and add more DE. I will try removing the air valve and see if it’s clogged from underneath. If that doesn’t work then I will call someone to take part the filter since that’s something I have never done and don’t have time to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.