DE coming out of jets

jeffruggs

Apr 23, 2024
Aberdeen Township, NJ
I have a Pentair DE Filter for my 20x40 inground pool.

Opened it last Saturday and proceeded to use the right chemicals etc. I then had to backwash and clean the filter grids because of the algae clogging up the grids.
Put everything together and put DE in. In then was coming out of the jets

I shut the pump, and removed the filter cover, took everything apart and I put everything back the correct way, there were no rips or tears in any of the grids. Manifold was fine too no cracks.

I put a little DE in to see if it would come out but the water was so cloudy from the first DE leak that I cant tell. I am not sure what do to at this point. Get a professional?

I have my Polaris robot cleaning the bottom now with the filter off so the DE settles.

Help!

I have a Pentair DE Filter for my 20x40 inground pool.

Opened it last Saturday and proceeded to use the right chemicals etc. I then had to backwash and clean the filter grids because of the algae clogging up the grids.
Put everything together and put DE in. In then was coming out of the jets

I shut the pump, and removed the filter cover, took everything apart and I put everything back the correct way, there were no rips or tears in any of the grids. Manifold was fine too no cracks.

I put a little DE in to see if it would come out but the water was so cloudy from the first DE leak that I cant tell. I am not sure what do to at this point. Get a professional?

I have my Polaris robot cleaning the bottom now with the filter off so the DE settles.

Help!
What type of backwash valve do you have? If push-pull, an O ring could have broken. If MPV, the gasket could be bad.
Not unusual to have the grids move when reinstalling them to the cluster if you don't look closely. Also, its easy to not tighten the through bolts that hold the cluster together to the right amount of tension. Too tight and you'll crack the manifold. Also easy to knock the air-relief screen out of place. Either of those will allow D.E. back into the pool. A crack in the manifold (usually on the top) may not seem open or even be seen, but can open under pressure and allow D.E. into the pool.
By tomorrow the water should be clear enough to add a handful of D.E. to the skimmer and see if the problem is solved by what you last did.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks for responding.

MPV is what I have. I also checked the manifold closely. not cracks that I could see. Grids are in there the right way as far as i can tell. I'm going to manually vacuum the DE that settled and then add a cup of DE with a stocking on the Jet so i can better tell if DE is coming out. Hopefully I am good but I will 100% report back.

again, thank you very much