Damage to Side Wall

Mozza

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Dear Gents

Thanks for all your advice from my previous thread. Fantastic info. We have just completed our first summer. Following your advice, and basically using just bleach, we kept our pool clean and clear for the whole summer. This was despite the best efforts of the supply companies to sell us stuff we didn't need. So thanks a lot.

I have two questions.

1. I would like to make a donation to say thanks. Is there anyway I can do this?
2. Unfortunately, the other day, I dropped something and it damaged the side wall of the pool. I have attached some photos. There was a steady trickle coming from the damage. Is this repairable, do you think, or is it structurally compromised now?

Thanks for all your assistance. Very much appreciated.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-20 at 2.14.26 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-20 at 2.14.26 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-20 at 2.14.26 PM (3).jpeg

You may be able to patch that.. You will use a smaller patch and then a bigger patch over that... most of the time they are just fine afterwards... Sometimes you can ask the manufacturer for a swatch of the vinyl color of your pool, otherwise you can ask any one of them for a swatch.. also you can just buy a patch and glue.. :)

This glue looks good

You may be able to patch that.. You will use a smaller patch and then a bigger patch over that... most of the time they are just fine afterwards... Sometimes you can ask the manufacturer for a swatch of the vinyl color of your pool, otherwise you can ask any one of them for a swatch.. also you can just buy a patch and glue.. :)

This glue looks good

Thanks a lot. I have piece of the vinyl. So I just need the glue.

I assume I should patch both the inside and outside?

I would do an egg shaped to cover the whole part that was damaged, then the second patch should be 2 inches bigger than the first... let the first patch dry before the second is put on... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.