Dallas builders only recommending Ozone/Mineral systems??

I am just going to point out that the climate of FL and TX is a bit different ;) With plenty of rain, the salt is much less of an issue. But in drier climates where the salt can buildup, problems are more likely to occur. I have a few cracks in my concrete with Kool Deck and the salt is certainly getting under the Kool deck and building up and making the surface pop up some.

That said, I am still waiting to see some pictures of impacted stone on the forum ....

4 year old flagstone in HOT southern Arizona climate - <12" of precipitation per year and over 100" of annual evaporation, and.......

NADA!

Stone is as beautiful as the day it was installed.

I am working with a PB that is a division of a home builder. He straight up said my margin is 20%. He also said he doesn't work off commission.

That's the PB I like too. Very upfront.

"Not working off commission" doesn't mean that there isn't incentives. Many PB's will say that they don't get commission from selling a specific product because commission would mean an exclusive agreement to sell a product line and a small percentage of each unit sold. They can still get an end-of-year incentive bonus from the Haywards, Pentairs, etc, when they sell so much of their product in aggregate. SO while it may be "true" that they're not working on commission, they still have a financial motivation to push certain products.

We had good friends that purchased a newly built "custom" home that also had a locked-in pool builder. They were very unhappy with the PB because they were just one of 50 homes all getting basically the same pool and the PB was totally unresponsive to their inquiries. Once the contract for the home was inked, any questions regarding the pool had to go through the homebuilder rep and the PB would not even talk to our friends. His stock response was - "talk to your contract rep, I'm just putting the pool in the ground."

I hope your experience is far, far better than my friends....

That made me think about heat. Don't go too crazy with flagstone because it is HOT! It is too hot to walk on with bare feet. My tan colored, rocksalt finished concrete deck is not too hot to walk on with bare feet, it is also 100% maintenance free and not slippery. Pics in my build thread, link in sig.

Sounds good. Hopefully past performance is a good prediction of future results in this instance...

Hopefully good reviews give me an edge...

That made me think about heat. Don't go too crazy with flagstone because it is HOT! It is too hot to walk on with bare feet. My tan colored, rocksalt finished concrete deck is not too hot to walk on with bare feet, it is also 100% maintenance free and not slippery. Pics in my build thread, link in sig.

Decking will be patterned concrete most likely. Just an Oklahoma Flagstone trim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.