Daily temperature increase from solar

Hi All,
I live in central Florida and we built out pool just a few months ago (filled on October 22). It is 367sqft and 10,500 gallons. I had 8 4x12 solar panels installed (384sqft), 6 facing south and 2 west. Today was warm (83) and sunny, however my pool only warmed 3 degrees with the solar running all day. It went from 74 to 77.

Based on other pools I have owned, I would think the heat gain would be greater than this.

Can an anyone else in Florida comment on how many degrees warmer they are currently experiencing per day?

Hey neighbor,

Three degrees sounds about right for this time of year and the fact that it was partly cloudy all day. I don't even bother using my solar this time of year. I mostly use it to extend the season into March and November.

Solar performance is affected by the angle of inclination of the sun. Now is the worst tine with the shortest days.

EDB2E860-84A8-45BB-A4AC-F589AB8DC355.jpeg

In Davenport Florida here, roof heat has dropped significantly, I have all water going up there right now. Last couple weeks the pool was in the low 60s, last day or two it came up to 76.

In the Summer with the sun up higher I can get the pool to 97 with panels, normally sits at around 80 without heat on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.