Yucca Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'd posted elsewhere in the forum with the pump losing suction. After a few weeks of back and forth with it, I finally figured out that it was the grids were clogging. When I took the grids out, the system ran just fine, put them in, it lost suction and ran at a lower rate from the start.

I bought some filter cleaner from Leslie's. Took the grids out, soaked them over night. Put them back in and it ran fine for about a day. Now it is back to losing suction and running at a lower rate.

Is there something I can add that will keep the grids clean and flowing? Having to take them out and clean them daily is going to be a real hassle. Especially since it will hinder getting the algae cleaned out.

Thanks in advance.
Wags

Having to take them out and clean them daily is going to be a real hassle. Especially since it will hinder getting the algae cleaned out.
The grids are doing exactly what they are designed to do, trap stuff floating in the water.

You need to kill the algae and let the filter do it's thing.

You need to conduct the SLAM Process process on our pool. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 test kit and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework reading assignment. Start with ABCs of Water Chemistry and Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Are you putting DE into your filter? How much?

Do you have a multiport valve with a backwash setting?

You should be able to just backwash the filter. That dumps the dirsty DE. Then add new DE and you are back running. Backwashing takes me less then 15 minutes with no filter disassembly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.