D.C. Voltage.

You should verify that the meter is working properly.

Are you sure that you mean 25 volts and not 0.25 volts?

Try testing a few batteries to see if the voltage reading matches the voltage of the battery.

Check to see if the voltage is zero with the two leads touching.

It looks like this is a continuation of earlier issues?

Last edited:
25 volts dc seems very unlikely. If you can confirm that the voltage really exists, I would suggest a few tests.

1) Get a 24 volt LED light bulb and put it in series with the wire from the pool to the deck or ground to see if it lights up. Maybe put a piece of metal on the wire in the pool and in the ground to provide better contact.

2) Same thing but put a dc amp meter in series to see if current actually flows.

Based on your previous posts, it looks like you have had this issue from the beginning. Did you ever have a master electrician come out to evaluate and advise?

If you're really getting such high voltage, you should not allow anyone to swim until you can get an expert to verify that it's safe to use the pool.

Last edited:
I tested the pool this morning with a different volt meter and a analog tester and there is no voltage.Must have been a faulty meter.I had the pool completely retired after I bought the house by a journeyman Electriction and never an issue since.I just check it sometimes I guess for safety reasons.I have a safety alert you but in water used for around docks in lakes and pools and all checks out fine.
Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.