Cyclone Blower vs Shop Vac for closing

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
I have been closing my pool and a friends for 5 years or so with no problems.

Have been using a shop vac and compressor to blow out lines.

I also remove all the equipment from the outside as in CT the winters are harsh.

Need to buy a new shop vac but was also considering buying an Air Supply Cyclone Blower for blowing out the lines.

Anyone have a recommendation if its worth the extra money.

The Air Supply is 130 CFM and the shop vacs I am looking at are 140CFM or so.

I also use the shop vac to suck out the last of the water from the spa for plugging the spa drains.

I personally have the Cyclone and yes it is worth the money. Then again, I help close other pools for friends as favors, so I can not be lugging around a shop vac. The whole box, extension cord and cover all fit in a nice black and yellow tote in my trunk from Costco. I also use the wet vac to siphon water out of the skimmers as the Cyclone is on. Entirely up to you if you wish to spend the extra money.

How do you reduce the cyclone don to the 1/4" fitting?

You do not. I would not attempt this as personally I believe there would be too much backpressure, but I could be off of this one. Work from the skimmer and read through this thread in detail as all the part #'s, etc. and information will be there. A NPT fitting should be done with a compressor.

The concept of closing an inground swimming pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.