Cyanuric instability

Actually, that works out in your 2006C test to almost 11 years worth. Frankly, that's silly and I can't even comment on buying a gallon.

5 years if you use the TF-100, 3 if you test a lot ... but point (brutally) taken. 😄

(On a serious note, I’m assuming the gallon is for pool professionals who have several clients; still you’d have to have more than 20 [and use dichlor/trichlor routinely] to make a gallon reasonable!)

Last edited:
Actually, that works out in your 2006C test to almost 11 years worth. Frankly, that's silly and I can't even comment on buying a gallon.
And for me, personally, it's silly to pay more for less on replacement test supplies. Even if I only refill a few times I'm saving time and money. Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: TishTash
this may be just too good a deal to pass up:
Really? Given a VERY generous average of perhaps 10 tests yearly (6-8 should be the average) that will come out to around 25 years worth if you use the large view tube, 50 years worth if you use the smaller. I can't understand how that makes sense.

• Wow
Really? Given a VERY generous average of perhaps 10 tests yearly (6-8 should be the average) that will come out to around 25 years worth if you use the large view tube, 50 years worth if you use the smaller. I can't understand how that makes sense.

Pfft, you and your making sense. Sometimes you just want to do stuff because you can!!! :whoot:

Sorry: I was being royally facetious, but without an appropriate emoticon, I failed miserably to properly convey that in writiing. 😄

(And that's without even mentioning what you touched on earlier re the shelf life of CYA reagent....)

Last edited:
With all that said, this may be just too good a deal to pass up:

Well I could not resist. $23 including tax and shipping for a gallon of r-0013. I am going to be testing my CYA daily from now on...

Or anybody in South Florida want a free refill?

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.