cyanuric acid correction to total alkalinity

Bozer4

Jul 11, 2019
Manteca ca
I have a Taylor K2006 test kit and their test and treatment guide has a Table N for cyanuric acid correction to total alkalinity.
See water test below.
FC 6.4
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 260
CYA 40
I am in the lower acceptable range for TA at 80 ppm, however if I use their formula I am lower than the desired range. Carbonate alkalinity=TA-(CYA x .33) which equates to 80-(40 x .33). This puts me at 67 ppm. Does Troublefree pool use this table? This is new to me. Thanks for your help and sorry about the large image.
table n rev.jpg

Taylor and TFP are not synonymous.

TFP is much simpler.

I suggest that you disregard the booklet, and read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

And further information in Pool School.

Additionally, Pool Math does your calculations for you. If you prefer, you can use the browser version of Pool Math. (I like it for some things, although the app does calculate most everything the browser version does).

I have a Taylor K2006 test kit and their test and treatment guide has a Table N for cyanuric acid correction to total alkalinity.
See water test below.
FC 6.4
PH 7.6
TA 80
CH 260
CYA 40
I am in the lower acceptable range for TA at 80 ppm, however if I use their formula I am lower than the desired range. Carbonate alkalinity=TA-(CYA x .33) which equates to 80-(40 x .33). This puts me at 67 ppm. Does Troublefree pool use this table? This is new to me. Thanks for your help and sorry about the large image.
Nope, we do not use that tale. Pluse your 80 being "lower than the desired range" isn't totally correct either.

Many of us have found that TA as low as 50 will help stabilize pH rise in our pool.

Reactions: beautifulpool
I had the same question- thanks for asking! In my Taylor book, they qualify this correction method by saying that “ some in the pool industry question the value” of this adjustment.
I’ve following the TFP ABC’s and it’s been working very well for me —-LC with no more “pucks”, lower CYA, lower TA and stable PH. Now I’m switching to a SWCG.

Reactions: tim5055
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.