CYA seems high

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
Opened a couple weekends ago with water temps in the 50s, and a broken pump. Pump is now replaced, and I checked my CYA level yesterday and it came out to 70. I did let the water warm up to room temperature in the house before checking. 70 seems high to me after sitting all winter and I closed at 70.

I think I put this in the wrong part of the forum, if a mod wants to move it to testing, that's would be good!!!

70 seems high to me after sitting all winter and I closed at 70.
Yes Mark, you would think that at least a minimal amount of CYA would've depleted over the last few months. Well, maybe you have that "magic CYA" that is resilient to laws of physics? :) I'd not worry too much about it and move forward with the testing results you are showing today. Have a nice weekend.

Yes Mark, you would think that at least a minimal amount of CYA would've depleted over the last few months. Well, maybe you have that "magic CYA" that is resilient to laws of physics? :) I'd not worry too much about it and move forward with the testing results you are showing today. Have a nice weekend.

Thanks Pat! I do worry too much, but it gives me something to do......LOL. You have a good weekend too!

I guess I missed it on the first check about a month ago. I been losing FC pretty quick so I rechecked CYA today, and I'm getting about 40. Water is clear, no CCs, just been sunny here for a while and I been using bleach, not SWG until the water gets warmer. I still hate that test...........:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.