Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2022
Parsons, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I knew I needed 7 oz of CYA to bring my level up to Pool Math app target amount. But my brain had a moment of duh and instead of putting it in a sock to hang, I just dumped it in. Oh gosh, what have I done?! Should I just keep the bottom brushed really well for a few days hoping it eventually dissolves?

It can bleach your liner, but 7 oz isn't much. Brush it around as much as you can and run your pump 24x7 and maybe that'll keep it from settling in one place for too long. Can you point your return downward?

I might can get the return a little more downward. And since we only have an intex easy set pool, it's ok if the liner gets a bleach. It's not a nice fancy liner you know? But I will try to keep it brushed around and run the pump all weekend. (Not great for the electric bill, but I don't run the pump 24/7 normally). And my vacuum isn't due to be here until Monday. But I will give it a good going over when it gets here.

That's the great thing about Intex pools -- you can afford to replace it every couple of years and have a brand new pool!

We went from a 10' Easy Set to a 12', then to a 14' Ultraframe and eventually at 16'. Upgraded to a sand filter/pump, robotic cleaner, thru the wall skimmer, all on a timer. You can really do a lot with one.

We had our last one 4 or 5 years. By the end, the liner was almost pure white. It looked cool though, all aquamarine.
tapatalk_1526658424575.jpg

WP_20140509_21_09_32_Pro.jpg

Reactions: Tookiesmom
That's the great thing about Intex pools -- you can afford to replace it every couple of years and have a brand new pool!

We went from a 10' Easy Set to a 12', then to a 14' Ultraframe and eventually at 16'. Upgraded to a sand filter/pump, robotic cleaner, thru the wall skimmer, all on a timer. You can really do a lot with one.

We had our last one 4 or 5 years. By the end, the liner was almost pure white. It looked cool though, all aquamarine.
View attachment 427919

View attachment 427915
We're hoping to go big and upgrade in a few years. We're thinking 30x52 or so. A little more permanent of an above ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.