CYA of "35" - round up?

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I drained several inches in preparation for the rain we're supposed to get from the remnants of Barry. Not quite the 6 to 8 inches yet as they were predicting but I tested my cya due to the small water exchange. I tested the water twice with the cya kit and the black dot is disappearing right in between the 30 & 40. I know everyone says cya is only measured in whole 10 increments but should I round up or round down for chlorine level? Also, 30 to 40 makes a much bigger difference than 60 to 70 so should I try to average out the chlorine numbers or just stick to a whole 10?

As a consolation, I guess I get to use my trichlor this whole week with the lower cya than having to poor in bleach in the heavy rain...

Assume CYA of 40. Instead of 2-6 FC you’re 3-7. Not that big of a difference unless you’re referring to SLAM levels.
Good point and it's not like we are going to get any sunshine soon or have anyone swim in the pool until the weekend. What part of Louisiana are you in? Hope you did not get too much flooding from that little "hurricane".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.