CYA levels too Dang high

xbbgunx

Apr 24, 2019
Manitoba
Hello, I have a 40,000 liter above ground pool with a optiflo pump and crystal flo 2 sand filter. I opened my pool and the cya was at 150. I wanted the water until the skimmer was almost empty many many time and refilled and the CYA is still at 90 now. Any quicker way of doing this. Or something I'm doing wrong? Using a taylor k-2006

You can rent a sump pump from Home Depot or Lowe's or other hardware store (I see you are in Manitoba so not familiar with stores there) and drain from one end of the pool and refill with a hose in another end. In order to go from CYA of 90 to 45 you need to drain 1/2 of the pool (in terms of volume of water, don't drain half the pool at one time)

You can rent a sump pump from Home Depot or Lowe's or other hardware store (I see you are in Manitoba so not familiar with stores there) and drain from one end of the pool and refill with a hose in another end. In order to go from CYA of 90 to 45 you need to drain 1/2 of the pool (in terms of volume of water, don't drain half the pool at one time)

Borrowed a pump from my dad. Drained 1/4 of the pool so far. Will drain another quarter tomorrow then fill. Thanks hopefully itll be lower dont wanna waste too much water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.